Broker tools are like real-world brokers, but deal in data instead of money. They are like data middlemen, acting on behalf of the user, the data, and locations where the data is going to or coming from. They are not very complex, but because they deal with data, they tend to be very cautious.
- Deals with putting data in or retrieving data from the database server.
- General goal is to get data from one location to another.
- More concerned about the data’s integrity than its meaning.
- Read and writes data as-is; does not prepare, modify, or alter anything.
- Often high-importance tools.